Pilots use checklists to make sure all systems are ready for a successful and safe flight.
Your checklist should include items like the following to make sure the resulting photos and videos show off your property in the best possible way.
- No cars in the driveway or in front if possible. Garage doors closed.
- Trashcans and other temporary or personal items out of view.
- People should not be in the shot.
- Lawns mowed, landscape maintained.
- Decks clean and swept.
- Lawn furniture neatly organized, any umbrellas open.
- Roof and gutters clean (leaves, pine needles, etc.).
- Pets secured and not in view.
- Neighbors told about shooting in advance.
- Permission from neighbors if necessary to fly over.
- Staging complete.
- No clutter, minimal personal items (notes on fridge, etc.)
- All lights on.
- Doors open fully or closed. Doorstops if necessary.
- Windows and curtains arranged, open or closed as desired.
- Minimize direct sun coming in.
- No people or pets in view.
- Preferred interior tour route planned in advance.